Friday, March 12, 2010

Ten Years!

So, Thursday was our ten year anniversary. Not our 10 year wedding anniversary (although we are approaching our 5 year!), but 10 years since the day we met. We met on Saturday March 11th, 2000 at a mutual friend's birthday party. It just so happens that the birthday party was at Bogey's (a sports bar). I know, not exactly the story you want to tell your kids, but hey, it is what it is, right? We also don't need to go into a long explanation about how I (at age 19), was in a bar, but it's a good thing I was!! How else would I have fulfilled my destiny to become Mrs Kent, and mom to Skyler and Taylee?! I sure am glad that the fates brought us together.

In the old days, every anniversary, Valentines day, birthday, etc was cause for a big celebration. Well, now that we are busy parents, things are a little less exciting. We celebrated our big anniversary with dinner at Arby's before I headed off to work! Whoa. Exciting Stuff. But, Kent did surprise me with flowers and a present. I too got him a small gift. He always out gifts me when it comes to this stuff. Aren't I a lucky gal?

I just love these flowers. I know they are dyed to these brilliant hues,
but I think they are so pretty and fun anyways!





No comments:

Post a Comment