The long-awaited day has arrived! Seven months ago, I rented this pump from McKay Dee. I never dreamed we would have such a long relationship. When Taylee was born with a cleft palate, and we determined that she couldn't breast feed, the craniofacial team at Primary Children's advised me to rent a hospital grade pump. Apparently store bought pumps just aren't quite as strong as these industrial-strength boob-suckers!! Because I would be pumping exclusively, it was important that I have a strong pump to keep up my supply. Well, it worked. I am now known as Bessie the cow. I figured I would pump for 3 months then switch Taylee to formula. I wanted her to get the benefits of breast milk, but I figured I wouldn't last too long just pumping. Well, I lasted much longer than I expected!! But, alas, it is time. My silly baby now seems to like formula better than breast milk. Thus, we say a fond farewell to the Egnell Lact-e. (And by the way, who came up with a name like Egnell Lact-e?)

As a side note, I paid $55 a month for the pleasure of using this pump. I just figured out the cost of Taylee's formula for one month. $40.80! Although breast feeding is usually a money saver, we will be saving lots by using formula. And, the hospital just raised the price of the pump to $65 a month. $25 dollars a month savings?! Yay for formula. And let me just say thank you to Sam's Club for making a cheap formula that my baby likes!!
Au Revoir Pump!
No comments:
Post a Comment