Friday, March 5, 2010

Hallie


This sweet little gal is Hallie. Hallie was one of my babies in the NICU back in 2005. She has come a long ways since then! Hallie was born with an intestinal problem called jejunal atresia. She has always held a very special place in my heart, and her mom, Necia and I have stayed friends since they left the NICU. They moved to Reno a couple of years ago for her daddy's job, but travel back to Utah frequently for medical reasons for Hallie and to visit family. (and certainly to visit me!!) Well, they are in town this week, and Taylee and I got to meet them for lunch in Salt Lake yesterday. This was the first time I have taken Taylee on a long(ish) car trip by myself. She was wonderful. She played in her car seat on the way down to Salt Lake, played with Hallie and enjoyed checking out the friendly folks at Cafe Rio while we dined, then slept all the way home. If you think she is awesome, you should hear about Hallie. Hallie spent the whole morning up at the hospital having an invasive procedure done, then patiently waited for me to come to Salt Lake for lunch and had lunch without a single complaint! And all this was only 2 days after her latest surgery. What a trooper!! Hallie has had a really rough go of things recently. We are really, really hoping that we see a light at the end of this very long tunnel now. To learn more about Hallie, visit www.helpinghallie.com. There is also a link on the right side of our blog, under "Causes we Support." She can definitely use all the support she can get. I just love that little girl. And her mama . . . and her brothers . . . and her grandma . . . well, they are just one heck of a family! Thanks for the lunch date guys, can't wait to see you again!

2 comments:

  1. Tiff that is so cool that you have stayed in touch! I have one primary that still sends me xmas cards and the occasional emails but that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a visit to Utah without a visit with you Tif? We let you know when we are coming out sometimes before our family! I'll email you the pictures that I took of Taylee and Hallie. Thanks for meeting up with us!

    ReplyDelete