When Taylee was born we spent a full 24 hours trying to get her to breast feed. Once we gave up that ill-fated attempt she began eating from a bottle. On that bottle was a hospital issue nipple. A nipple that cannot be purchased in any store. Little did I know that Taylee would become addicted to this nipple, and refuse ALL other nipples! We have tried every nipple sold in stores, including nipples specially made for cleft palates. No Go. Not for Taylee. The problem with this whole situation is that we only came home from the hospital with 6 nipples. These nipples are meant to be single use nipples. They are now cracking and breaking, and I knew we needed a solution!!
Well, yesterday when we returned the pump to McKay Dee I begged for just a few more nipples to get us through until she switched to sippy cups. I figured 6 nipples got us through 7 months, if we could just get a few more, we were golden. After a little persuasion, the nurse went into the back and came out with a couple more nipples to get us through. As you can see, I think we are set!!

We had the exact same problem! It's horrible what they get used to in the hospital! Luckily, Hallie loved the soothie binkies, so I was finally able to switch her over to the soothie bottles. But that was hard too, because everytime she went back into the hospital, they tried to give her the hospital nipples and it was a constant battle. We always had to bring our own bottles. Glad that they gave you more for Taylee! It was so good to see you yesterday!
ReplyDelete