Thursday, May 27, 2010
Update
Taylee's pain is finally under control! Yay! However, she STILL won't eat. Not a drop. She sees her bottle and gets excited, then as soon as the milk hits her mouth, No Go. The nurses just stopped her IV fluids, hoping that letting her dry up a bit will encourage her to drink. I am not sure what I think about this program, because my nurse instincts tell me she needs fluids. Plus, she is really swollen, and I know that the only way to get swelling off is to put fluids in so she continues to pee it off. So, we will see what happens. Otherwise, all is well with us here at PCMC. She has had great nurses throughout her stay, and is now only fussy some of the time. We even saw a couple smiles this morning ;) It's fabulous to see my baby acting like herself a bit more. Now, we just need her to eat. Please pray for her to heal quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad she is doing better! Maybe she will get some good sleep tonight and feel up to eating in the morning. What unit did you end up going to?
ReplyDeleteWe are in IMSU 3rd floor. 3007. Our nursing care has been great so far. I have been really happy with everyone. She slept well last night, so I slept well :). Still no eating, but she is showing more interest in her bottle, chewing on her nipple and stuff, so we're hopeful ... Thanks for checking in on us!
ReplyDelete