Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

I am so lucky to have LOTS of moms in my life. Growing up I was always really close to my mom's sisters, Aunt Ginger and Aunt Tota. When we lived in Colorado I saw them all the time, and although I don't get to see them nearly as much, they are still like my own little personal support system. I wish I COULD see them more. Maybe now that the baby girl is getting more mobile we can get out there a little more.
And, of course, I gained a new mom when I married Kent. (well, probably several years before we actually got married!) Karen has treated me like a member of her family since the very beginning. And that's tough to do, since I was only 19 when I started dating Kent! Plus, she had to accept me not only as a new daughter, but also as a new mommy for her grandson. I am so glad to call her mom.
And last but certainly not least, is my mom. My mom and I have always been very close. Yeah, we had a few rough patches when I was a rowdy teenager, but for the most part we have always been best friends. I didn't realize that we could get even closer until I had Taylee. Now that we share mommyhood, our bond is that much stronger. Plus, we get to share the joy of my little sweets! I call my mom every morning with an update. Plus, it seems like we talk another 5-6 times a day still. It is so nice to have a mom that you can rely on, and talk to, and LOVE so much!
I am one lucky mommy to have such great women to look up to! Thank you!! We celebrated mother's day with a visit with Kent's mom, and enjoyed the opportunity to try one of her yummy desserts. She is always trying out new dessert recipes on us. And I LOVE it! Then we met my parents for dinner at Chili's. We had a good time, although Taylee was a little tired and therefore a little wild. I was worried we were headed for a major meltdown. We made it through dinner just in the nick of time. But the best part of the day?! I got to sleep in! It was a little slice of heaven. But, I will admit, I did kinda miss snuggling my girl while she ate her morning bottle. It's often the only time she sits still all day! She keeps her mommy and daddy moving!

1 comment:

  1. that is such a great picture of you and taylee! Happy (belated) Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete