Monday, May 24, 2010

5 Years!

May 21st was our Five year anniversary! We had a great weekend celebrating. On our "versary" as Kent and I call it (this stems from the foreign waiters on our honeymoon cruise serenading other passengers with a "Happy Versary To You" tune. Yes, we were treated to a Happy Honeymoon serenade as well!), Kent brought me a dozen roses. Oh what a guy!

Apparently I was SHOCKED by these flowers!
We dined at Olive Garden, which was sooo peaceful, cuz Taylee slept through it! We used to dine out a lot, but since the arrival of our little sweets it has been a little harder to do. We thoroughly enjoyed this dinner. Mmmm!
Saturday my mom came over to stay with Taylee, we dropped Skyler off at his mom's house, and Kent and I headed to Park City and the outlet mall. We both got a few new things, but I must say I got spoiled! Kent insisted that we were shopping for my birthday (which came and went when Taylee was 8 days old - shopping wasn't high on the priority list then!) But I'm not so sure I should have been quite so spoiled. And a husband who tolerates 3 hours at the outlet mall?! Whoa! I also picked up several cute new items for Taylee.
We headed down to SLC after shopping, and we encountered SNOW in Parley's Canyon. Jeez, isn't it supposed to be May?! We checked into our suite at the Anniversary Inn when we got into town. I booked "Romeo's Retreat" to celebrate. Yes, we go ALL out for our anniversaries. It has been a priority in our relationship to make each other feel special for birthdays and anniversaries. It's too easy to get wrapped up in the day to day stuff. I'm so glad we are able to do such fun things. Anyways, our room was amazing. We had dinner at PF Chang's (I know, 2 dinners in 2 nights!), and it was DELICIOUS, as always. We tried a new dish - the pepper steak - and true to it's name it is SPICY! Next time we plan to order it MILD. And of course we had our old standby Chang's Spicy Chicken, and those nummy lettuce wraps.
We got to SLEEP IN on Sunday morning, and enjoyed our breakfast in bed. We headed home to get the kids at about 10:30. It was a fabulous weekend getaway!



No comments:

Post a Comment