Thursday, August 30, 2012

Daybreak Friends

Once again, Taylee and I were lucky enough to meet up with my bestest friends from work for some summer fun. It was extra special this year because we got to meet Jessy's newest little addition, Wesley. Unfortunately I live an hour away from these fabulous gals, but I am so glad we get to get together every so often. Plus, by getting together only once a year, we get to exclaim over how much each of the children has grown!
This year, instead of going to a public park, we went to Jessy's fabulous community Daybreak. We were able to eat at Jessy's cute townhouse before heading to one of Daybreak's many kid-friendly ammenities- the "splash pool." This gave the kids time to warm up and bond over some chicken mcnuggets before heading to the pool. My shy little Taylee even tried to get into the spirit, announcing to me "mommy, I talk to her!" We are working a lot on the "shy" problem. But we can't call it shy anymore. She has caught on and is using it to her advantage. Example: "Taylee, can you say thanks to the nice lady for giving you a sucker?" "Mommy, I can't because I'm shy!" Twerpy little monkey. Too smart for her own good.
My Taylee (yes, she chose to sit in the bumbo), Jessy's Lydia, Adrienne's Mia, and Jessy's Nyah.
Cute little Zane wanted nothin' to do with this photo-op.
Who could blame him?

My favoritest gals! Jessy with baby Wesley, and Adrienne

Funny Mia!

No words necessary. . . :0)


Some excellent teamwork going into this treasure hunt!

And Miss Taylee. Off on a treasure hunt of her own.

2 comments: