We left SLC on Wed afternoon, flying into LA and staying the night before leaving for Kahului on Thursday morning. (This isn't the way we originally booked it, but the best way to get us into Hawaii before 9 pm.)
After a small mechanical issue on Thursday morning, delaying us about 1 1/2 hours, we made good time into Maui and landed at 1:40 pm. We were thrilled that Taylee took a 3 hour nap during the flight! We went straight to Walmart for supplies, then sat in frustrating traffic on our way to our hotel in Kaanapali. We finally made it to our hotel at 5:00, and got checked into our room (which we booked through a private owner) at the Honua Kai Resort. It was a beautiful condo with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and living room. And best of all, the lanai with "nanodoors" which opened completely to allow the "outdoors in!" I have only wonderful things to say about this condo! If you are headed to Maui in the near future, let me know, I will give you their info. (do I sound like an ad yet?!)



The View from our Lanai . . . 
After settling in we headed down to Duke's Steakhouse, a beachfront restaurant on the hotel property. It was delicious, as usual (we have eaten at Duke's in Oahu, and it's sister, I mean brother? restaurant Jake's in Lake Tahoe). Taylee was feeling the effects of the change in time zones, so I enjoyed much of my meal holding a sleeping toddler. Totally worth it though to watch Nana and Kent team up to cut my steak into bite size pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment