While creating the slideshow of Taylee's birthday pictures, I found the slideshow I created of our trip to Moab in May with Mark and Amber. Then I found the post I wrote about our trip, neither of which were actually posted. I guess I got sidetracked trying to find a way to upload the slideshow into the post that I wrote. I still don't know how, so here is the post I wrote, and below is the slideshow.
Last weekend Kent and I joined Kent's brother and sister-in-law, Mark and Amber, on a quick trip to Moab. It was just a short getaway, but we had an absolute blast! Most relaxing and enjoyable two days we've had in quite some time. I did miss my baby girl more than I expected, but it made our homecoming that much sweeter. We arrived on Friday mid-day, and immediately hit the trail for Delicate Arch. It was a little rough acclimating after sitting in the car for 4 hours, but we made it to the arch, and enjoyed our $5 footlongs from Subway while gazing upon Delicate Arch. After checking in to our condo - (which was really nice, and worked out to less than $100 per night, per couple!), we relaxed with drinks and headed for our favorite Moab eatery, Pasta Jay's! As always it was delicious. I indulged in Pasta Jay's newest addition - Margaritas!! It turned into quite the party! We awoke surprisingly refreshed on Saturday morning, and hit the road for Arches Nat'l Park again. We cruised all the way to the end of the road and went for another hike, the Devil's Garden trail, which allowed us viewing of Landscape Arch, the fallen Wall Arch, Navajo Arch, and Double O Arch. It was certainly a worthy hike. We got back to town tired and hungry and went straight to lunch at the Moab Brewery. Yummy! We spent a bit in the room cleaning up and preparing for our 5:30 tee time at the Moab Golf Club. Kent, Mark, and I golfed nine holes, and Amber indulged in a little photography session. A good time was had by all. It was possibly the slowest nine holes we have ever played, as the threesome in front of us had to make frequent stops for their two small dogs to use the potty. Seriously?! Never seen dogs on the golf course before. Guess there is a first time for everything . . . By the time we were done it was well after eight, and we headed to meet my dad and his comrades (who just happened to be visiting Moab as well!) at the Branding Iron for dinner. This meal was the only disapointment of the trip, food-wise. Company-wise, we had a great time. We were practically the only people in the restaurant, which was probably a good thing, as we were NOT quiet! Sadly, Sunday brought our return home. We left Moab at 85 degrees, and hit SLC at 45 degrees. Ouch! We did take the opportunity to see Gemini Bridges before leaving town. If you've never had the opportunity to see it, it is well worth a visit! Anyways, we came home to a cold and rainy mothers day, but also to a little girl who was very glad to see her mommy and daddy. Thanks for watching our girl Nana and Grandma & Grandpa Judson! We had a great get-away!
jealous! I haven't gotten to do any good hiking this summer...yet
ReplyDelete