Recently my boys had the opportunity to take a quick jaunt down to Zion National Park. This was something that Kent had been wanting to take Skyler to do for quite some time, and since I had a few days off to stay home with miss Taylee, they headed off!

They were pretty disappointed upon their arrival to find this . . .

The high waters this spring had kept the river running high further into the season than normal. They decided to make the best of things and headed out for the Emerald Pools. This turned out to be a good warm-up hike for them . . .

Because the next day they tackled Angel's Landing! This trail is quite well-known for it's beauty as well as it's terror-inducing heights and drop-offs. Several people have died on this trail in the past several years. Needless to say, I wasn't so sure I wanted them to complete this hike! They did indeed hike all the way to the top, along with more people than you would anticipate on such an intimidating trail. Apparently it's reputation precedes itself! Here are a few photos to demonstrate . . .



I wasn't even there, and I am sure these photos don't do this hike justice!
In this next photo you may notice Skyler's knuckles clutching the chain. Do they look a little white to you? ;) Mine certainly would be.

But, alas, they did summit, and they said it was well worth it! The trip was exhausting but pretty spectacular, as they have never had the opportunity to enjoy Zion before. I am looking forward to going along next time!


They even managed to slip in some pool time and 9 holes of golf at Sky Mountain. They took no pix of their golf game, because they were too busy avoiding the houses lining the course. Kent is notorious for hitting houses, and we avoid courses with houses at all costs! Little did they know when they went off the back nine what they were in for!!
My favorite part of these recent hiking trips Kent and Skyler have been taking is that Kent spends a few minutes on each hike to find me a flower. He takes a photo of "my flower" and brings it home for me. Seriously, how sweet is that? Here is my flower from Angel's Landing . . .

Happy Hiking Everyone!
Mark saw these pictures of Angels Landing and got freaked out. I told him that I have taken that hike probably 5 or 6 times and he said I was crazy. He only likes heights if he is all hooked up repelling. He said our girls would never be up there, we'll see about that.
ReplyDelete