Wednesday, June 9, 2010
The Road to Recovery
Taylee's recovery from surgery has been a bit bumpy, but it appears we have turned the corner. She is finally acting like herself, eating almost normally (for her!), and not requiring pain medication. We saw Dr. Siddiqi yesterday, he took a look in her mouth and says the repair looks good. Assuming she continues to heal and do well, we won't see him until we visit the entire craniofacial clinic team. Apparently this entails a LONG day where Taylee sees Dr. Siddiqi, the ENT, orthodontist, dentist, and speech therapy. Not sure when this will happen, I am waiting on a phone call from the craniofacial coordinator. I would assume that it won't be for awhile, because we see Dr. Siddiqi and the ENT as surgery follow-up, and really, what can the others do for her at this age? So, we'll see. All in all, life is back to normal! Hurray! Except her sleep schedule - the hospital stay has done that in! Darn it . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hospitals have a tendency to do that to sleep schedules! I'm glad that she is doing better and that this is now behind you. Hallie is going to be on the news on Friday. As soon as they post it on their website, I will send you the link.
ReplyDelete