As summer was coming to a close, Jennika and I decided to take our kids for one last hurrah at the local pool. Or not. Apparently we failed to realize that once the big kids go back to school, the local pools close down on weekdays. Boo. It was a beautiful, 90 degree August day. What were they thinking?! We started at "the pool with the frog slide." Closed. We tried to head for the pool "on base." Closed. (Taylee was relieved the pool "on base" was closed. She thought it was a pool "in space." Eeeek!) After chasing our tails for 45 minutes, we finally decided to head to the newly opened splash pad a couple of towns over. We weren't sure this would be a hit with Taylee, because she doesn't like to be splashed. Hmmm. By definition, a splash pad involves splashing. Once we arrived she was pretty timid. I had to help get her acclimated, which meant I had to get wet. No problem! Except I was the only mommy frolicking in the splash pad in my bikini. I was dressed for the pool, people! Unfortunately, the other mommies were NOT dressed for the pool. No one was even wearing a swimsuit. Oy! Well, fortunately, with a little time and a little help from Daphne, Taylee eventually warmed up, and she LOVED the splash pad. Who knew?!
![]() |
| Sweet Taylee Bug |
![]() |
| Dapher Doo |
![]() |
| Besties |
![]() |
| Jenn and Tater-Man |




I found out that pools close once schools open by accident too, a very similar accident to yours. At least you were the bikini mom enjoying the water with your child, I was laughing pretty hard watching the bikini mom at our local splash pad! She was overly interested in herself and failed to notice her barely walking toddler venture away from the splash pad, across the parking lot and down the street past a few homes. Her halter bikini top was undone because she apparently wanted to avoid the tan lines the string may have caused, so she started running after her toddler holding her bikini up! I had to giggle at her!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I guess it could definitely have been worse, right?!
ReplyDeleteIf I was at the splash pad the same time you were, I would have been the other mother in it. Porter can't get wet without me getting wet. I'm always the only mom in the water (unless adrienne is with me)!
ReplyDelete