Saturday, December 11, 2010
Domesticated?
As most of you know, I'm not much of a cook, or much of a cleaner, or frankly, very domestic at all. Well, every year my mother and sister-in-law and I have a cookie party, where we each make a cookie and share with each other, then deliver these cookies to our neighbors. Well, usually I just make one of my mom's easy old standby Christmas cookie recipes. This year I really went out on a limb to make these Candy Cane Kiss Cookies. They weren't exactly hard, but for me, anything outside the norm is hard! I didn't realize there was such an art to placing the kiss on top and allowing it to melt just enough to stick, but not melt into a puddle. So, after a little experimentation, the cookies turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself! Thanks for the recipe Jenn!! And by the way, the peppermint kisses are pretty darn good. And awfully similar to those yummy (and expensive) mints at Hickory Farms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Think I need the recipe!
ReplyDeleteI'm very impressed! I haven't baked at all this season :)
ReplyDelete