Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Jibber-Jabber
I am so excited to report that Taylee is FINALLY babbling. Up until a few days ago, all of her "talking" was breathy vowel sounds. Oohs and ahhhs. This may not seem like a big deal, but to a first time mom who reads a lot of "What to Expect," her lack of hard consonant sounds was freaking me out! I was hoping it was just due to her cleft palate, but I wasn't totally convinced. What a relief it is to hear her bababaing, and gagagaing. No mama, dada yet, but hopefully that is just around the corner! Kent and I attribute these new conversational skills to the arrival of her talking teapot. She talks to it like it's her best friend. It must be the accent. Maybe she thinks she is British?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aaaw babbling is so adorable!! Thanks for the positive vibes :) it was a great race!!
ReplyDelete