Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Narrows

The Narrows is one of the most unique hiking opportunities in the world. I may have made that up, but I am actually pretty sure its true! You begin your hike at the end of the Zion Canyon Road, named the Temple of Sinawava, and head into the North fork of the Virgin River. The water is pretty cold, but we rented some fancy Water shoes and neoprene socks (as well as walking sticks!), so it was tolerable. And it was a beautiful day, so that certainly helps! There is no official end destination on this hike, so you hike as long as you want before turning around. Kent and I estimate that we hiked approximately 6 miles. 80% of the hike is in the Riverbed, with depths up to waist deep (while we were there). It was definitely an all day adventure, and one we won't soon forget!
Ready to hike! In my rocking Water shoes!


Kent, rocking the Narrows, sans Walking Stick
Taking a short break and an opportunity to dry my feet for a moment. 

So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment