Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Angel's Landing!

Kent has wanted to take me hiking in Zion National Park for several years now. He and Skyler went a few years ago, and he has wanted to share this amazing natural wonder with me ever since. This spring proved the perfect opportunity, when our annual Moab in May trip was cancelled (or, not planned, in this case). So, the first weekend in May, we headed for southern Utah! We left Taylee behind because we knew we were going to do some hiking that was beyond her ability level. Good thing too, as the first hike on our schedule was Angel's Landing! If you have ever hiked it, you know what I mean. The story goes that they named it Angel's Landing because the only way to the top is on the wings of an angel. Turns out you can walk. But it's an intense hike for sure! Pictures don't quite do it justice, but I'll include some just for fun. Enjoy!


We made it!

Looking down over the switchback section of the trail

Climbing on all fours. And using the chain. I have no shame. 

Kent -- Tough Guy!
I couldn't resist posting this photo of the trail, which included a stern warning about the risk of death. Eeeek!

Kent stopped to take photos. I gripped the chain the whole way up.

Well, in the end, we felt like Angel's upon our landing on the summit. What a spectacular experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment