Wednesday, August 21, 2013

All things Taylee

I just love my little Taylee! Some of the fun, silly, and annoying things she is up to and into lately...
- Cherry drinks (slurpee, icee, chiller) Depends on where you get it, but it's always a "cherry drink" to her. Even if she gets blue raspberry...
-Princess dress-ups. Taylee and Kate like to Dress-up EVERY day. Bad princess, good princess, fairy, you name it!
-Bringing me to my next point... Kate. Taylee has found her very first best friend, and she is head over heels for her!  Kate is a more outgoing version of sassy Taylee. They are like two peas in a pod. Kate keeps us laughing all the time with her silly personality. They fight like cats and dogs, but play like nobody's business.
-Games on mommy's new iPad (occasionally she freudian slips and calls it "her iPad" - too true!). Most especially Palace Pets, Leo's Pad, and EduRoom.
-Swimming! Having completed her first series of "real" swimming lessons... Little Wave I - Duck, Dive, and Glide, Taylee is super excited about swimming. We go to the pool to practice occasionally, and she loves to run five steps and throw herself into my arms and call it swimming! Her second series of swimming Lessons -- Little Wave II - Floats and Glides, begins in September.
-Toberfest. As in Oktoberfest, held yearly at Snowbird. We introduced her to it last year, and she has been VERY excited about going again this fall. Or summer, I suppose. We took her for opening weekend this past weekend and she was, again, enamored! Bouncy House, garlic french fries, riding the ski lift and hiking the trail, balloon animals, polka dancing ... what more could a girl ask for?
-Gardening. We have been growing tomatoes in pots this summer. She has really enjoyed helping me water and pick the ripe tomatoes. She has already put in her order for next summer - strawberry "trees," grapes, and peppers. Really? I think she might be influenced by Kate's mommy's garden. We'll see what I can do...
-Picking out her own clothes. Drives me crazy, but what can you do???
This was a good day! She broke out of the box and wore something other than her "normal" four shirt selection
-Listening to Christmas music ALL YEAR ROUND. Now, I love me some Christmas music, but NOT in July. I have tried to explain that Christmas music won't be special at Christmas time if we listen all the time, but she's not havin it. After a talk with my friend Adrienne, I have decided that although it drives me crazy, listening to Christmas music in the summer isn't the end of the world. We can be happily spotted singing "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" any day of the week now.
All these silly quirks make her darn right irresistible! We love you Taylee bug!

2 comments: