The upside to our ill-fated trip to Denver was some good old-fashioned family time. My mom got to enjoy the some "heavy cheering" with the family while the rest of us froze our patooties off at the game. Our post-game dinner date was significantly delayed after the loooongest game ever, and definitely started off on a rough note. Luckily the love and enjoyment of being together quickly took over and we had a great dinner. Our waiter even treated the whole table to a round of horrible blue shots to drown our sorrows. Blegh! They were worse than the Broncos loss!
Sunday we headed to Great Grandpa's house and spent the day relaxing and playing together. Ryan even taught me how to make Great Grandma's homemade mac and cheese!! I can't wait to try it on my own soon. The kids had a blast playing together. It still takes Taylee a while to warm up to her cousins because she is sooo painfully shy, but once she is over the hump, there is fun to be had!! I think it's silly that she talks about her cousins and begs to see them all the time, then acts like she is afraid of them when they get together. Silly goose. Fortunately, as the littlest, they are more than happy to baby her and coax her out of her shell. I hope she grows up to be as close with her cousins as I am with mine. Skyler even enjoys playing with the kids a little. He has always been so good with his younger cousins. Too bad we can't be with our family a bit more often. But I think we do a pretty good job, given the distance. Sure love my family!!
 |
| Great Grandpa |
 |
| Nana, in the kitchen. As usual. |
 |
| My love |
 |
| My Littlest Love |
 |
| Garrett |
 |
| The kids. Kaydence, Aden, Skyler, Taylee, and Xavier |
 |
| Me and my brothers. Err, I mean cousins. :0) |
 |
| Me, Aunt Ginger and Mom with Great Grandpa. Just missing Aunt Tota. :( |
No comments:
Post a Comment