Thursday, November 1, 2012

Viva Las Vegas!!

Two weeks ago Kent and I had the opportunity to travel to fabulous Las Vegas to see these two crazy kids get married! This is my only female cousin, Denise, and her adorable husband Damien. And yes, all that hair is his own!
 
 
Kent and I spent much of our two days in Vegas exploring the Strip. The new stuff, and the stuff we have seen lots of times! It seems like Vegas is once again reinventing itself, moving away from the "theme" resorts like Paris, Venetian, New York New York, etc. to ridiculously extravagent, showy hotels. The new Aria, Vdara, & Cosmopolitan resorts were near our hotel, so we had lots of fun exploring them! Not that we could afford to buy anything in their shops, because it was all Fendi, Gucci, Versace, etc. Ha, we would have to hit a BIG jackpot to be able to buy something there!
 
 
The outdoor lobby at the Aria.

This waterfall at the Aria stretched around the entire vestibule, at least 30 or 40 feet long. It was gorgeous!

Inside the Cosmopolitan.

In front of our hotel, the Monte Carlo

Here I am, glowing in front of the fake Eiffel Tower
I also dragged Kent to the Broadway hit "Jersey Boys" while we were in Vegas. I found it to be spectacular, and Kent thought it was an event to be endured. What a great husband, sitting through a Broadway musical for me. Love him!

1 comment: