Monday, February 21, 2011
Sleepytime Woes (The Story of our Life)
Once again we are struggling with naptime - and unfortunately bedtime, AND sleeping through the night! What has struck our happy household?! As I've blogged before, the naptime routine has gone back and forth - one nap or two naps for several months now. Unfortunately it seems that no matter how many naps we shoot for every day (today just one), it's never easy these days. In fact, it's naptime at our house right now. Am I listening to the soothing sounds of a quiet house? Nope - I'm blogging as an attempt to distract myself from the sad sounds of my baby girl whining, crying, screaming, anything to entice me to get me from her crib. We're at the 30 minute mark now. I know, I feel like a horrible mommy - as I am writing this it is making me cry because I feel like a heartless monster. But what do you do for a little girl who desperately needs a nap, but won't let you rock her to sleep, won't even sit still for 1 minute to fall asleep unless left alone in her crib? Yesterday's nap only involved 15 minutes of crying - almost seems easy at this point. Bedtime was only a 10 minute sob-fest. I felt pretty good about that. Until she got up at 1:30 am and whined and cried until I got her out of bed at 2:30. The minute I got her out of the crib she was perfectly fine, pointing out to the living room and saying "plee, plee." After laying down on the couch with her for an hour, she fell asleep (I was shocked!). Sadly, moving her back into her bed wasn't so successful. She was immediately furious and indignant that I would even consider such a ridiculous idea! I was determined to get her to go back to sleep in her crib, so I dragged my aching heart from her room, and listened to her cry for over an hour. At 4:30 am we both got back to bed. She was up at 6:30 this morning. Taylee has never been a great sleeper, but what is this craziness?! We've analyzed all the possibilities - her cold, teething, night terrors, separation anxiety . . . who knows. As I finish this rant, it's been quiet for a solid 2 minutes. Oh, please, please, please. I'm not sure my sanity can take any more of listening to my baby cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment