Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Early Intervention Assessment

We met with Early Intervention today for Taylee's evaluation. They evaluate her by asking Kent and I lots and lots of questions, and by watching Taylee's behavior. It's a good thing Kent and I were there, because Taylee was a real show-off. She was on her best behavior, smiling and playing with the therapists, doing everything they asked of her. The one time I want my baby to look "bad," she's a star! Silly girl. Luckily, despite her showing off her ability to point at animals, and take lids off boxes, she still qualified for early intervention, although only in speech. I will be meeting with the therapist next week, to make a "plan" and set goals for her therapy. Hopefully she will be saying dada and buh-bye, and uh-oh in no time!
Her scores :
Cognitive - 12 months
Language - Expressive- 63 and Receptive - 82 (must score below 85 to qualify, 115 being the top score)
Gross Motor - 11 months
Fine Motor - 11 months
Social/Emotional - 12 months
Self Help - 15 months (not sure where that came from?! )
I am glad to know that other than speech she is doing pretty well. I am a worry-wart, and I get caught up in the little stuff. It's nice to hear somebody tell us how good she is doing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she qualified so you can get the help you wanted. Sounds like she is doing fantastic in all the other categories. Good luck...hopey ou enjoy EI as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete