For posterities sake . . .
Taylee at one year and one day :
Height : 29 inches = 55%
Weight: 20 lbs 3.5 oz = 36%
OFC: 45 cm = 48%
Dr. Strasser was pleased with Taylee's development, impressed by her spunky personality, and thinks that overall she is doing great. We are ready to move to whole milk, and into a forward facing car seat. Big milestones! Only raincloud to report was Taylee's (possible) delay in speech. I'm not even sure this is a raincloud, because it means we get to have an evaluation with Early Intervention. Yes, to many this could be a bad thing, but to me it means that an expert in child development comes to my house and shows me the best ways to play with my daughter to help her to learn. I just hope she qualifies. Her (possible) delays include only saying one word at 1 year (just mama), not pointing or clapping - in other words, a possible delay in fine motor skills. None of these things are big red flags, but because our pediatrician in pro-active (and so am I), we are moving straight to early intervention. After her evaluation with the developmental therapist, they will decide if she needs intervention. If not, we will follow-up with her speech therapist at craniofacial clinic in September, if so, we will get regular visits from the Early Intervention specialists. All in all, her future's so bright, she's gotta wear shades!
I loved Early Intervention! They were so awesome to work with and gave me so many great ideas! Glad that she is doing well! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear she is doing so well. You know how I feel about early intervention. It's been nothing but good for my family. When is Taylee's eval?
ReplyDeleteLooks like a healthy 1 yr old! We loved Early Intervention so I hope you have a good experience. Good luck with the evaluation!
ReplyDelete