Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Kindergarten Speech Evaluation

We met with Taylee's speech therapist at her elementary school a couple of weeks ago. Although I have always assumed she would require speech therapy, I was interested in hearing what a professional had to say about Taylee's speech quality. Sure enough, the nasal tones I was hearing are for real. She has nasal emission with 95% of her sounds. Wow. That's even more than I would have expected. Alas, she is now attending speech therapy once per week for 30 minutes during school. Fortunately, she seems to enjoy it. That makes me happy. :0) If we are unable to help her remedy this issue with speech therapy, she will eventually be a candidate for a palate repair. That depends, of course, on how much the speech issues bother her as she gets older. But, really, it doesn't matter all that much in the winter, as she has a cold every other week, and you can't hear it anyhow! See, how's that for a silver lining?? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment