Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mexico! The Beginning . . .

Two weeks ago, Kent and I jetted off to Mexico with Mark and Amber, Jeron, and Cortney. This was the first time we have left Taylee for more than 3 days. Big jump huh? 3 days to 7 days! Fortunately, I think she faired better than I did with the separation. Not sure she even missed me . . . Well, maybe a little. :0) 

We arrived on Sat the 9th and were off to a fast start. I knew that I was going to struggle to keep up with the alcohol consumption on this trip, but I was determined to put on a good show anyways! I got a little teasing from my compadres for showing up at the "Olympics" (of alcohol?!) without proper training, but otherwise, they took it easy on me. I'm just gonna say, these people can drink! And my liver is still wondering what happened?!!

Anyways, Saturday evening we had a blast getting acquainted with our new home for the week, the Riu Palace Pacifico, and letting our fellow guest get a glimpse of what was in store for them! We dined at the buffet, and danced the night away in the lounge. 
Riu Palace Pacifico

Chillin in the Lounge

The Girls
Sunday was all about relaxing by the pool. We did some relaxing, some playing, and of course, enjoyed lots of daiquiris and pina's (dos rum for Cortney!)!  The liquid courage suited me well when it came time to participate in the kayak race in the pool! The girls of Team Utah (Amber, Cortney, and I) were pitted against the lovely ladies of Team Saskatchewan! We were thrilled to beat them, despite their efforts to sabotage us and capsize our kayak! We only turned it over by ourselves twice. The other two times, well that was those dirty cheatin' girls from Canada! Good thing we were good sports about it all, even if it was tough to climb back into the kayak, in the middle of the pool, and keep our bikini's in place! Our victory put us into the finals, and pitted us against the "Animacion" team at the Riu. Now, they may have been more skilled at kayaking, but they didn't have the crowd cheering them on like we did. We came out victorious AGAIN! And, of course, they didn't go easy on us at all . . .

Round one! Victory vs Team Saskatchewan!

Round 2! As you can see, we had a couple additions to our team this time! We still aren't sure about that crazy gal from Michigan!




Dinner that night was a blast, even if the food in the "Mexican Steakhouse" was terrible! And the "Crazy Show" (yes, that is really what they called it) was hilarious in the lounge that night. We went to bed tired and happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment