Thursday, September 8, 2011

Family Fun!

We had a fabulous Labor Day weekend. My aunt Char (Tota to those in the know), my cousin Ryan and his cutie tootie Kaydence came out for a long weekend visit. This gives us a great excuse to go do all the fun stuff our little hometown has to offer!
I was surprised and thrilled to find that Taylee and Kaydence were fast friends. Taylee is a tough gal to impress, but Kaydence charmed her quickly. It may have helped that she came bearing gifts for Taylee. New snuggly jammies for the upcoming winter (which we are NOT looking forward to!), and a new wild girl cup with a swirly straw. These girls were hot stuff with their new cups! Thanks for all the new swag!
Anyways, shortly after their arrival we met up at the park to feed the ducks, which was a real hit, especially with the ducks! They LOVED our bread and actually got really aggressive. We had to make a quick escape to avoid losing a finger or two!
On Friday, while I was working and Kent was camping with the kiddos, my mom took Tota, Ry, and Kaydence to the zoo. The animals were a bit sleepy and lame, but they still had fun. Plus they scored a couple stuffed monkeys, so the day was a hit in Kaydence's book! And Taylee didn't make out too bad either, with her own monkey. (which now shares her bed, by the way!) Thanks Tota!
Upon their return from camping on Saturday, we headed straight to Boondocks. Sadly, I forgot my camera, but rest assured, we had a great time on the go-carts, bumper boats, and mini golf.
The fun continued on Sunday at the Aquatic Center, which is always a hit with my family. I think Kaydence really helped Taylee find her inner fins too!



We barbecued some yummy ribs at our house that night, and Skyler entertained us with his football acrobatics.

Here is Taylee imitating her big brother's antics . . .

I had to post this photo because I think it is pretty cool. I was snapping a picture of Taylee and Skyler stuck his hand in front of my camera. Not sure how it happened, but Skyler's hand became see through!

And, of course, what's a day of fun in the sun without a bubble bath to top it off?!

No comments:

Post a Comment