Monday, June 13, 2011

Tayleeisms

I realize that at this age the things Taylee says are not funny in a "oh the things kids say" kind of way. However, I (as well as Kent and the rest of the fam) think the things she says are absolutely stinkin' adorable. Much of this is due to the 'way' she says them. So, although they are cute only to those of us who love her to pieces, I'm puttin' em' in my blog, just to help me remember all the 'little things.' So, go ahead, roll your eyes and read on, or skip it altogether. You've been warned!

*She loves to remove things from my purse, or other random areas and place them into baskets, bags, buckets, etc. She then announces "I pui it!" As in I put it! (on a side note, I recently found a dirty diaper she stashed in a cloth grocery bag. Yummy.)
*She loves Sesame Street, and she calls it sneet. And her favorite sesame street episode has a little pet rock named rocko. She has been known to repeat "sneet, wocko" over and over.
*I've heard this from other moms - when she wants me to pick her up she says "hole you." Maybe because I ask "you want mommy to hold you?"
*When she finds a "unique" place to sit, she sits and announces "I sitting!"
*She loves to kick. She let's everyone know what she's doing by yelling "I keek!"
*When she wants to walk somewhere she's not totally comfortable going and she wants to hold your hand, she demands "han!"
*She is very opinionated. When she doesn't like something that is going on around her - ie, the song on the radio, the food I place in front of her, etc, she announces "no dis!"
*When leaving for work, etc, we say "bye, love you." Her version is more like "byyyeee, liyooo."
And she says bye to everything. "Byyyeee Elmo. Byyyeee Toys. Byyyyeee Car." And so on, and on, and on.
*We work hard on manners. She has perfected please - "pee." But thank you requires lots of prompting. When she finally says thank you, it's simply "q!"
*And last but not least, the infamous fruity shake. She calls it a "he." Maybe for fruity? Who knows, really. It's cute.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! My favorite is "hole you". I don't have it in me to correct my kids when they say this. I hope they say it forever and ever! I'm glad her vocabulary is growing so rapidly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so adorable!! little kid vocab cracks me up

    ReplyDelete